Assistant Teacher - FT
Assistant Teacher - $10.86 to 14.44 (DOE)
Friends of Children and Families, Inc. is dedicated to serving families and their children by providing quality, comprehensive, family-centered early childhood services and we are always looking for bright, compassionate and dedicated individuals to join our team.
We are currently accepting applications for Assistant Teachers for openings for the 2021-2022 school year.
Assists and teams with the Friends of Children and Families (FOCAF) Head Start Teacher in providing environment and activities necessary to meet the objectives of Head Start Children’s Services component; integrates Health, Nutrition, Transportation, Disabilities, and Family Service/Parent Involvement components, as they relate directly to children and families. Act as bus monitor when assigned.
- Assists teachers and co-workers in developing weekly learning activities and curriculum development.
- Assists teacher in observing and documenting the developmental level of each child, relays important information to the children’s family members, and other team members.
- Assists with organization, inventory, cleaning of outside and inside classrooms, and obtains needed supplies to support curriculum.
- Creates a positive and safe environment for children by using positive communication and supervising, monitoring, and counting children at all times.
- Support an environment with clear and consistent behavior expectations through implementation of Positive Behavior Supports and Interventions.
- Integrates health and nutritional activities into daily curriculum through consistent implementation of a variety of curriculums.
- Knowledge and understanding of Head Start performance standards and child outcome requirements.
- Demonstrates clear understanding of Children’s Services policies, Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework, procedures, and guidance in Children’s Services, and implements these in program activities.
- Monitors the safety of children during routes and while loading/unloading of the bus, as well as, releasing children to authorized individuals, when assigned
- Integrates health and nutrition into daily curriculum through consistent implementation of Color Me Healthy, FOCAF Dental, FOCAF Health, Second Step Early Learners, and Talking about Touching Curriculums.
- Provides health and nutrition education activities for children, including classroom food experience, tooth brushing, and hand washing. Prepares children for physical exams and dental exams.
- Attends meetings, conferences, workshops, trainings, reviews audio-visual materials, and publications to remain up to date with policies and practices.
- Must be able to effectively respond, communicate with and present information to co-workers,children, parents, and the general public.
- Must have general social skills and ability to get along well with others.
- Accurately perform multiple tasks within time constraints, and changing priorities.
- Keeps immediate supervisor, and designated others fully and accurately informed concerning work progress.
- Must prioritize and adjust to the changing demands of the position.
- At a minimum have a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential; or
- Are enrolled in a program leading to an Associate or Baccalaureate degree; or
- Are enrolled in a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential program to be completed within 2 years of the time of hire.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Former EHS or HS parent preferred.
- Complete and maintain certificates for Infant/Child CPR and First Aid
- Must pass a Health Physical Screen and TB test;
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds in emergency situations.
- Must pass a criminal background check that meets required state, federal, and FOCAF Head Start standards.
- Must pass drug test and submit to random drug and/or alcohol testing.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Idaho; provide proof of current vehicle insurance adequate to meet state insurance requirements, when driving a personal vehicle.
Friends of Children and Families is a non-profit organization serving Ada and Elmore Counties specializing in services to pre-school children and their families
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer