Bus Driver - Ada Co.
Bus Driver - Ada Co. $14.12 to $14.45 (DOE)
Provides and ensures safe and efficient transportation of children to and from Friends of Children and Families (FOCAF) Head Start schools; performs related work as required.
- Perform pre & post trip inspections of bus.
- Safely transports children between pickup/drop off points and school and reports delays or accidents.
- Conducts or assists in conducting emergency evacuation practice monthly with all children.
- Create route directional and update as needed throughout the school year.
- Prepares various reports for state and federal agencies.
- Follows appropriate procedures if parents are not at stop at time of child’s scheduled drop off.
- Actively participates in staff meetings, team to problem solve, reinforce teaming concepts, and implement program goals
- Must be able to effectively respond and communicate with parents, volunteers, bus drivers, and appropriate co-workers on a variety of different topics.
- Keeps immediate supervisor, and designated others fully and accurately informed concerning work progress.
- Prioritize and adjust to the changing demands of the position.
- Handle and adapt to stressful situations.
- Attends meetings, conferences, workshops, trainings, reviews audio-visual materials, and publications to remain up to date with policies and practices.
- Must be 21 years of age (per DOT Regulation # 391.11 Subpart B)
- Possession of a Commercial Driver’s License issued by the State of Idaho with passenger and school bus endorsements and a clean driving record.
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED.
- Must pass a criminal background check that meets required state, federal, and FOCAF Head Start standards.
- Must pass Health Physical Screen and TB test.
- Must pass a drug test and submit to random drug and/or alcohol testing.
- Ability to complete training and maintain Boise City Child Care Worker License (if applicable); and certification in First Aid and CPR.
PLEASE APPLY VIA OUR ONLINE APPLICATION AT: www.focaf.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer