Job SummaryProvides support and advocacy for Friends of Children and Families (FOCAF) and Head Start families by offering referrals, program information and community resource options as well as assisting families in following good health and nutrition practices.
- Assists in the recruitment and enrollment of eligible families.
- Supports families through phone calls, home visits, community referrals and education, goal planning and setting, and through follow-up with health and nutrition practices.
- Conducts home visits with all assigned FOCAF families at least three times per year.
- Participates in developing health plans for children with identified needs before the child starts school.
- Completes and maintains records of health screenings in classroom setting and assures appropriate health authorization forms are completed throughout the school year.
- Collaborates with parents, families, and co-workers to further program goals, responds to questions, problem solves, and establishes effective working relationships.
- Produces written reports of all family needs identified, family contacts, referrals, resources given, family changes, etc. in accordance with ChildPlus.
- Collaborates with classroom teaching teams to help provide quality services to children and families by interacting with children, families, and volunteers in the classroom.
- Effectively responds, communicates with, and presents information to co-workers, customers, clients, vendors, and general public in a courteous and timely manner.
- Accurately performs multiple tasks within time constraints and changing priorities.
- Must have transportation to home visits, to and from FOCAF Centers and programs, and to various other locations as needed to perform job duties.
- Attends meetings, conferences, workshops, trainings, reviews audio-visual materials, and publications to remain up to date with policies and practices
- Ensures all USDA guidelines are in compliance. Up to date on civil rights, mealtime, and attendance.
- Reviews Emergency Action Plan for all drills.
- Demonstrates commitment for professional development and continuous growth by actively seeking out and participating in training opportunities.
- Engages with supervisor and co-workers on constructive and timely feedback, accepting feedback as a growth opportunity, and is open to continuous improvement for oneself and the organization
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures in compliance with Head Start Performance FOCAF Standards.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance if there is a need to travel locally during the course of the job duties.
- Ability to learn and put new skills/knowledge to use in a rapidly changing environment.
- Prioritizes and adjusts to the changing demands of the position.
- Handles and adapts to stressful situations.
- Must be available to work evening shift and/or irregular hours if required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Family Services, or a related field awarded from an accredited university or college; or
- At a minimum, a credential or certification in Social Work, Family Development, Human Services, Family Services, Counseling, or a related field within eighteen months of hire.
- Two years’ experience working in a community service organization that provides good background in working with diverse cultures and home environments preferred.
- Completes and maintains Infant/Child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must pass an enhanced criminal background check that meets required state, federal, and FOCAF Head Start standards.
- Must pass drug test and submit to random drug and/or alcohol testing.
- Maintains Boise City Child Care Worker License if applicable.
- Knowledge of adult and child learning principles, social services, resource organizations and health and nutrition practices.
- Must pass a Health Physical Screen and TB test; must be able to lift 45 pounds in emergency situations.
PLEASE APPLY VIA OUR ONLINE APPLICATION AT: www.focaf.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer