Account Manager - Employee Benefits
PayneWest’s Employee Benefits team is looking for a passionate and people-oriented customer service professional to develop, implement and deliver outstanding insurance and risk management customer service to our employee benefits clients. As an Account Manager you are in charge of ensuring a smooth client experience by managing day-to-day customer service interactions and maintaining strong and long-lasting relationships with our clients.
We will give you access to mentorship, training, resources, and development to ensure your success but you will need to supply the drive and desire to be a PayneWest Insurance professional. Our ideal candidate is hungry, humble and smart- they don’t stop short of excellence and are driven to do what’s best for their clients, colleagues, and communities.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work with customers and carriers to handle incoming service requests.
- Manage new and renewal insurance marketing: including negotiating with carriers, preparing presentation and proposal materials, collecting customer information and ordering insurance policies from carriers.
- Analysis: provide customers with insurance coverage analysis and recommendations for improved or additional coverage.
- Update customer information:keep accurate, up-to-date records on customers in our agency management system.
- Up sell & cross sell: work with your colleagues to find and follow-through on up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Customer service: ensure that you and your designated sales and service team provide effective and efficient customer service.
- Plus(the fine print): you’ll follow organization policies and procedures, sales and service standards and established workflows. You’ll ensure quality control through proper file documentation and maintenance. You’ll maintain confidentiality and be an all-around awesome member of our team.
Who We're Looking For
- You’re a client service guru. You’re passionate about delivering an exceptional level of customer service and support.
- You’re ready to throw all stereotypes of “insurance” out the window and love your job.
- You’re smart. You understand business and people.
- You’re good with people, even on the tough days. Good customer service is just part of who you are, and you love making people happy.
- You're a team player. You maintain positive relationships with your colleagues—and you enjoy it.
- You’re that person everyone can depend on—to pay attention to details, to make deadlines, to be accurate and complete when interacting with clients, colleagues and carriers.
- You love to learn. You’re earnest about improving and pursuing professional development.
- You can adapt—because our industry changes constantly and so do the needs of our clients. You’re good at staying on your toes.
- You’re ready for a meaningful change. No more corporate vanilla structure for you. (Yes, an insurance company really just said that.)
- You embrace our core values: accountability, balance, excellence, integrity, respect and humanity.
The perks of the job:
A competitive compensation package, a potential for profit sharing and a benefits package that includes paid paternity/maternity leave, medical leave and paid time off to volunteer within the community. Also- we’re committed to a diverse workplace and a good work-life balance and offer a great career path with room for growth. We take pride in providing our colleagues with opportunities for career growth across all lines of business and function.
What you can expect:
At PayneWest, we often act as de facto consultants. We are the expert that walks into our client’s life and helps them make positive changes in their business so that they’re more competitive and protected. We take the philosophy that—not only are we there when a client has a claim but—we are there to help minimize their risk in the first place. We guide businesses, develop custom insurance portfolios, and find creative solutions. We expect you to use your business skills—and to be creative and flexible—as you do your job.
Here at PayneWest insurance is not boring. It’s anything but. We like to work as a team. We’re an employee-owned company, and we’re in it together—for the good of our clients, colleagues and communities. We’re fiercely independent about how we do business—and we’d like to keep it that way.
With 700 employees and 31 offices in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana, we are one of the top 40 largest independent insurance agencies in the country. We offer all the value-added services of a national firm except we aren’t just about a quote, sale, and a renewal. We advocate for our clients first and foremost. It’s about a relationship, smart business sense, long-term strategies, and being part of the community. Each of our offices has their own distinct personality.
Our work environment:
We think we’ve developed a pretty great work culture. We got to where we are today through collaboration, innovation, and an unwavering commitment to doing what’s right. We strive for continuous improvement and excellence in our industry and our communities. We respect quality of life and nurture a balanced personal and professional environment. We treat our clients, colleagues and communities with fairness, decency and good citizenship.