Sales Executive - Construction & Surety
As a producer in our Surety & Construction Practice , you will seek out opportunities to challenge the traditional norms of insurance and work with clients to drive change within their organizations. At PayneWest, we don’t “sell insurance”- we help clients take control of their risk and gain a competitive edge in their marketplace. You will guide businesses, develop custom insurance and risk portfolios, and find creative solutions to their toughest challenges.
We will give you access to mentorship, resources, and development to ensure your success but you will need to supply the drive. Our ideal candidate is hungry, humble and smart- they don’t stop short of success and are driven to do what’s best for their clients and colleagues.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop new opportunities through networking, prospecting, calling, face-to-face meetings, presentations and association events.
- Pipeline management- ensure your sales pipeline stays full and is effectively managed so that you know where your next win will come from.
- Participate in our collaborative development and training program to become and expert at identifying and minimizing your clients’ risk and driving positive change to their business.
- Leverage your business acumen and training to increase revenue to the firm and build your book of business.
- Collaborate with your Client Relations team to ensure that the client receives consistent communication and service.
Who We're Looking For
- You’re ready to throw all stereotypes of “insurance” out the window and challenge the status-quo.
- You’re hungry. Hunting for new business is in your DNA. You never run out of the drive to meet new prospects, close the sale, and get a win.
- You’re smart. You understand business and people.
- You’re a consultant. You have the innate ability to anticipate your clients’ needs and provide them with an innovative and out-of-the-box solution.
- You’re good with people, even on the tough days.
- Team oriented. You maintain positive relationships with your colleagues—and you enjoy it.
- Leadership skills. You actually walk the walk. You lead by example.
- You love to learn. You’re earnest about improving and pursuing professional development.
- You can adapt—because our industry changes constantly and so do the needs of our clients. You’re good at staying on your toes.
- You’re ready for a meaningful change. No more corporate vanilla structure for you. (Yes, an insurance company really just said that.)
- You embrace our core values: accountability, balance, excellence, integrity, respect and humanity.
A competitive compensation package, a potential for profit sharing and a benefits package that includes paid paternity/maternity leave, medical leave and paid time off to volunteer within the community. Also- we’re committed to a diverse workplace and a good work-life balance and offer a great career path with room for growth. We take pride in providing our colleagues with opportunities for career growth across all lines of business and function.
We think we’ve developed a pretty great work culture. We got to where we are today through collaboration, innovation, and an unwavering commitment to doing what’s right. We strive for continuous improvement and excellence in our industry and our communities. We respect quality of life and nurture a balanced personal and professional environment. We treat our clients, colleagues and communities with fairness, decency and good citizenship.