Membership & Development Manager
Job Title: Membership & Development Manager
Reports To: President/CEO
Supervision Exercised: None
About the Chamber: The Meridian Chamber of Commerce is a membership organization, supported by member investment and the committed involvement of leaders in our business community. The Chamber provides ways to become involved in the community through leadership opportunities, business advocacy, networking, and promotion of individual businesses.
Mission Statement: “Business Friendly, Community Connected and Family Focused”
Position Summary: Generate, develop, and coordinate new member sales to meet monthly and annual membership goals. Work with new members in the on-boarding process and assist in the retention of members. Improve understanding between the Chamber and individual businesses. Increase Chamber revenue through new and retained memberships. Increase Chamber membership revenue through upselling existing Chamber memberships. Pursue sponsorships for Chamber events and programs and achieve sales goals for each project.
- Sell new memberships and increase retention of existing memberships through personal visits, cold calls, and presentations.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual goals of new member recruitment and member retention as outlined by the President/CEO and the board in the annual budget.
- Meet daily with existing members to ensure the Chamber is meeting their needs.
- In conjunction with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator, enhance and create
collateral materials for member packets.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator to create and distribute marketing material to drive increase in membership.
- Coordinate and oversee all aspects of ribbon cutting ceremonies, including helping members schedule and coordinate ribbon-cutting ceremonies.
- Provide the Marketing and Communications Coordinator with timely information related to new members, existing members, and membership activities for inclusion in Chamber newsletters, social media posts, press releases, and other communications.
- Actively support and participate in networking, trade shows and Chamber events.
- Upsell current membership to next tiered dues level to increase engagement.
- Record all contact activity in ChamberMaster.
- Work with Office Manager/Membership Coordinator to ensure all data in ChamberMaster is accurate and current.
- Orient new members on Chamber programs and services.
- Help prepare and distribute annual survey to membership to monitor member needs and goals.
- Initiate communication with members prior to their renewal anniversary to reinforce the value of their chamber membership.
- Follow up with members not renewing membership and record all feedback in ChamberMaster.
- Prepare in coordination with the President/CEO the annual sponsorship and revenue goals for programs and events.
- Solicit and secure sponsorship for all programs and events with the support of President/CEO.
- Develop, plan, budget, and execute chamber events with the President/CEO, board of directors, committees, and third-party vendors (where applicable). Events and programs include (but not limited to) the following:
- Annual Gala
- Annual Golf Tournament
- State of the City Address
- Taste of Meridian
- Small Business Awards
- Semi-Annual Economic Excellence Forums
- Monthly Speaker Series Luncheons
- Quarterly Vendor Networking Luncheons
- Business Workshops
- Annual Job Shadow Program
- First Fridays
- Business After Hours
- Leadership Meridian
- Direct, execute, and resolve all duties having to do with Chamber programs or events. Working with chamber staff and outside vendors depending on event.
- Coordinate with chamber leadership the topic/theme development, agendas, sponsor coordination, scheduling of program presenters/speakers, and correspondence with presenters/speakers.
- Coordinate and assist other Chamber staff with the implementation of the marketing strategies for events and programs.
- Create and execute contracts between vendors, sponsors and the Chamber.
- Research and develop new opportunities regarding programs and events, as well as enhancements to current events and present these opportunities to the committees and chamber leadership that generate revenue and add value to the Chamber.
- Follow-up with event sponsors and attendees to gauge interest in programs and events.
- Compile and maintain vendor contact, partner, and sponsor lists.
- Oversee the Meridian Chamber Leads Program.
- Support Meridian Chamber staff with projects and tasks.
- Create and execute a strategic retention plan with specific retention and outreach goals to existing members.
- Organize and implement a new member priority list with the President/CEO and the board.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, general business or related field of study; or equivalent experience.
- Previous Chamber or sales experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success identifying and closing new customer accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed assigned revenue objectives.
- Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent face-to-face and telephone communication skills.
- Strong demonstrated customer relationship and selling skills.
- Strong computer skills, familiar with Microsoft Office, financial reporting tools and sales management database systems.
- Creative, flexible and innovative team player.
- Ability to perform duties with minimum supervision.
The Membership Development Director represents the Meridian Chamber of Commerce in the field. Professional sales ethics must be adhered to at all times. Grounds for termination of this position includes the use of improper sales ethics or the falsification of paperwork.
- Frequent mobility and/or sitting for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity for using office equipment and computer keyboard
- Some bending and stooping required
- Able to lift 25 lbs. without difficulty
- Occasional stress from dealing with busy office environment
- Physically capable of speaking and listening
- Physically capable of reading and reviewing written communication
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and is typically required to furnish own transportation to Chamber events and meetings.
- Must be available to work flexible hours, generally averaging 40 hours per week. Hours may include evenings and/or weekends.
Submit Resume to:
Meridian Chamber of Commerce
Attention: Sean Evans